create - attend a Calque event
Want to be involved? There are many ways of being part of the Calque community.
You can give us a follow on social media. You can submit to us, or you can learn to do it yourself, attending one of our online or live events. Calque editors and collaborators have run bookclubs, taught creative writing, run workshops, and taught indie book production, from conception to production and publication. They have more than 15 years of combined experience as educators across different settings, in UK and the EU, from community workshops to university masters degrees in publishing and creative writing. Marian is also a trained eco-educator by Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab. The pandemic has understandably derailed what we were planning to do two years ago, but watch this space! Topics include:
- Visual poetry, poetry translation, short-fiction writing, and mentoring of novels, short story collections, and poetry collections.
- Literary theory for writers, genre writing and writing on the margins, eco-storytelling.
- Guerrilla publishing and ediciones precarias: small press publishing, including zines, chapbooks and pamphlets.
- Independent press long-year programme, from pre-production to publication, including selection of titles, commissioning texts, illustrations and translations, rights negotiations, distribution,communication strategy.
- Our team were the founders of the Cambridge Ecofiction Bookgroup.